Art-Net II compatibility

Copied from the old Lightact Answerhub.

Hi!

I have a bunch of Art-Net] II devices, but they don’t seem to respond to Lightact.

Is there anyway for the software to work backwards with earlier versions of Art-net II?

An Art-Net node that accepts Art-Net 2 should be able to understand Art-Net 3.

Actually, Art-Net should be backward compatible, so even if Lightact was sending Art-Net 4, your devices should be able to understand it. Do you have any Art-Net 3 nodes available so you could check if your Art-Net set up in Lightact is working at all?

Alternatively, feel free to send me your Lightact project, so we can check if everything is set up correctly.

Looking forward to your reply.

I will try to figure it out when I get back to office later.

I was trying with one of our Art-net devices on site after I downloaded the software. But I am unable to read the device. Maybe it have gotta do with one of my settings on my device or my laptop.

I will try it once again later. And I will let you know the update.

Thank you so much for your support.

Lightact at the moment (v3.0.2) doesn’t support automatic ‘Searching for Art-Net devices’ yet (this feature is coming in v3.0.3), so I am not sure what you mean by ‘unable to read the device’.

You have to manually insert the IP address of your Art-Net node in the Devices window.

Please follow either a:

Looking forward to the update.

Hi!

I am down to the factory to try with the engineers. I manage to get it get it to work with your software.

Just a quick update: as of v3.0.3 Lightact supports automatic scanning for Art-Net nodes as well as Art-Net DMX and Timecode input.

Full release notes are available here.