Jump Cue sometimes skipped?

Seems like after a project file is opened, a marker cue set to jump can get skipped.

After that it works as expected.

Hi @bwheaton ,

Can you tell us where the Marker has been placed in the Timeline? Is it at the beginning of the Timeline or somewhere towards the middle or end? Also, is your Timeline set to ‘Play’ On Open, or do you manually press play?

Best,
Sara

I have a marker near the last cues in a timeline, to loop a section. It’s the last marker in the timeline.

Sometimes the cue gets skipped and playhead keeps going and I think it’s the first time it’s opened. If you take the show file I sent separately, open it and then tap space so Main timeline runs it will run a few minutes of layers. At the very end is Marker 5, which jumps back to Marker 4 and plays from there.

Sometimes that cue Marker 5 is skipped. It didn’t happen this time, sorry I can’t recreate exactly.

Can’t 100% recreate but it appears that viewing another timeline while a cue marker should have fired makes it more likely to not fire.

Hi @bwheaton ,

Thanks for the explanation, we’re looking into this.

In the meantime, it might be worth either using Sections as Cues or using Run on marker nodes, in combination with Set timeline state nodes and Go to marker nodes.

Best,
Sara