Mix two textures

Yeah that’s right.
It is also as if “texture crop” had a soft parameter and so we do not have to use two nodes, one to cut and another to make the soft.
Now I have to start programming it as I explained but any help is greatly appreciated.

All the best

E.cueto

Hi @Cueto,

Got it, so you would like to use the outer points for cropping and inner points for softening the edges, all with the use of a single Texture Softedge node in Free mode. Here is a demonstration of the Layer Template I have made, which I believe fits your criteria:

Crop&Softedge

I would like to ask however, why would you like to eliminate the use of the Texture Crop node? I believe that from a DMX point of view, it does not really matter, as you would still be sending the same amount of values, or am I wrong?

Also, it is not very likely that the Texture Crop node will impact performance much. Is there any other reason why removing this node from the pipeline would be beneficial?

p.s. due to some restrictions, it is not possible to attach a layer template in a post, which is why I have sent it to you via email. If anyone else would like access to the layer template, please let us know and we will email it to you.

Well, I have to choose.
If I choose Texture Crop I also have to choose Texture softedge to be able to soften the edges and I would have to use texture softedge in simple mode so as not to increase (and also double the amount of parameters to control) by DMX.
And as we have seen, texture softedge is not ready in simple mode to work as I wish yet.
Greetings and thank you very much for your design, I will implement it to the general design of the “Layer complex” layer, although I am seeing that everything is becoming very complex and I have to see how it affects the general performance by having 60 Layer complex at the same time. (which are the number of layers that would need to be managed at the same time).

A hug

Eduardo Cueto

Hi @Cueto,

I see, thanks for the explanation.

We are very excited to see what your ‘Layer complex’ will be able to do.

Best,
Sara

Thank you very much for your help.

I would also suggest that you add a soft parameter of an 8-bit channel to TEXTURE CROP so that it makes all 4 edges soft at the same time.

For simplicity.

all the best

E.Cueto