Projection Study issue

Hello!
I’m new to LightAtc and I’m trying to visualize a scene from my project made in Watchout.
I was working on the scene, adding projectors to the Projector Study. 16 projectors were added without problems, but the following projectors that I add to Projector Study
do not show the image (ID and resolution). I was comparing with other projectors on stage, trying to find an error, after which LightACT crashed… When there are 16 projectors on the stage, LightAct works without problems. It feels like there is a limit on the number of projectors in the Projector Study scene.

Thanks

Hi @MNXA ,

Thanks for posting to our Answehub.

You’re correct that in the Projection Study window, you can visualize the Output of up to 16 projectors. Could you confirm how many projectors you would like to include in your study? Based on your screenshot, it looks like you’re aiming for 19, does that sound right?

Also, I assume you don’t plan to run all projectors from a single machine, especially as one output would likely be reserved for the GUI. Is that the case?

Best,
Sara

Hi Sara!

In that project i need to visualize 19 projectors. At the moment, I have a Creator license and I’m trying to figure out the LightAct interface and make pre-visualization of the project. I have no plans to run 19 projectors from one server.

Is there any way to visualize the projectors, find out the level of illuminance, and other parameters that are available in Projection Study, without the limitations of 16 projectors. I watched the video tutorials on your channel and did not find any other option except Projection Study.

Thanks

Hi @MNXA ,

You are correct, in LightAct, Projection Study is the only window dedicated to helping you determine and analyze your projection environment. Unfortunately, since the limitation in this window is currently 16 projectors, what I can suggest is dividing your Projection Study into two parts.

For example, you might decide to do a Projection Study on the walls first, by adding only the Projectors that are projecting content on the walls. Next, you would remove the projectors projecting on the walls, and add the ones that are projecting onto the floor.

I understand how this can be a bit tedious, but please note that we do intend to expand the number of projectors you can use in the Projection Study window, most likely in LightAct 4.10.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Sara