Sometimes Particle does not show up

The first time it plays, the particle appears, but the second time it loops, sometimes the particle does not appear.
Isn’t this a bug?

Hi @Atsushi,

Would it be possible for you to send over a .la project where you are seeing this issue?

thanks!
M

Hi @meetya,

I sent the data by email.
It can be after the New Year to get an answer.
Please let me know if you find out anything.

Have a good New Year.

Hi @Atsushi,

Thank you for sending it over and apologies for the late reply.

I looked at your project (project file: 20201223-a.la), but I am afraid I wasn’t able to reproduce the issue.

Here’s what I did:

I assumed you are talking about Particles layer?

So I created another layer (Layer 15) and 2 markers (mitja1 and mitja2 in the image above). In Layer 15 I created a simple layout:

Which caused the playhead to continuously jump back just in front of the Particles layer.

The particles appeared everytime on my end.

Did I understand the issue you are facing correctly at all? If yes, then it might help to enable Thumbnail preview on the optical flow texture (OPColor) in the Particles layer.
This will allow you to check if there is any optical flow blobs at all.

By the way: really impressive layout programming, Atsushi. You seem to have become quite an expert :slight_smile: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Looking forward to your reply,
Mitja

Thank you,@meetya

Most of the time the particles show up fine in a series of loops, but sometimes they don’t show up at all for some reason.
At that time, I think I could see the preview of the optical flow image even in the preview of texture getter in the particle layer, however sometimes the particles were not generated.

I will try to observe the progress a little more.

1 Like