Spout UE4 25.1 RTX Crash

Hi I tried to use spout on RTX project… It crashed… Is it compatible or am I missing something?
LoginId:dfb2f0ff4c6914af9cb21fa33f52b5f9
EpicAccountId:97b49da749684d2d9a108c717ff26454

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xdf2915a0

Spout
UE4Editor_SpoutPlugin!USpoutBPFunctionLibrary::CreateRegisterSender() [D:\Projects\Personal\Revenant\Working\Unreal\MLHelper\Plugins\Spout\Source\SpoutPlugin\Private\SpoutBPFunctionLibrary.cpp:323]
UE4Editor_SpoutPlugin!USpoutBPFunctionLibrary::SpoutSender() [D:\Projects\Personal\Revenant\Working\Unreal\MLHelper\Plugins\Spout\Source\SpoutPlugin\Private\SpoutBPFunctionLibrary.cpp:491]
UE4Editor_SpoutPlugin!USpoutBPFunctionLibrary::execSpoutSender() [D:\Projects\Personal\Revenant\Working\Unreal\MLHelper\Plugins\Spout\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Inc\SpoutPlugin\SpoutBPFunctionLibrary.gen.cpp:423]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

Thanks!

Hi,

Spout plugin has been confirmed to work with RTX NVidia cards. In fact, this is what we used in this project:

Cheers,
Mitja

Hi @meetya
thank you for replying btw amazing project it’s very impressive!
I’m currently using Spout Plugin on Unreal Engine from here: GitHub - AleDel/Spout-UE4: Spout Plugin for Unreal Engine to send the Viewport data to another application. The project has Ray Tracing and DirectX 12 enabled and If I try to start the app from editor It’s crashing. Could you give me some more info on how you handled the problem, if it’s possible…
Thank you!

Hi @Christian_Stamati,

I was having a similar crash with version 4.25.4 when I play with a new window. However, when I changed the play option to the ‘selected viewport’ it solved the crashing issue.

Hope it helps.

1 Like