Where could I get sample intergrating with UE5.1?

Greetings,

I checked out serveral videos from LightActs’ production.
But thoes are not comprehend to me, might I be wrong to understand.
Although I need some help the progress from UE and LightAct to Projector.

At first, I found out the LightAct automatically generates nDisplayConfigFile according to its settings.
After that, the UE imports LightAct’s file and now I can modify nDisplayConfig.
Finally I could launch nDisplayLauncher, that are all I did.

I don’t have any clues for sync on UE5.1 nDisplayViewport into LightAct.
Do I just set the LightAct’s nDisplayConfig up and generate before using in unreal engine.
What about nDisplayScreen and ICVFXCamera, are thoes same with screen and projector in LightAct program?

I’d like to display any model for projecting in custom stage.
The custom stage is fixed with three nDisplay Screen in order to render anamorphically as like cube.

( Or might I need for using ICVFXCamera )…

Thanks for your service,
OgNiR0215

Hi @OgNiR0215 ,

Thank you for posting to our Answerhub!

Could you tell us more about what you would like to achieve?

If I understand correctly, you are working on a Projection Mapping project, correct? In this case, the workflow you described, where you generate a config file from LightAct and then launch it with your Unreal project, should be enough. Once you launch the Unreal project and the config file you created in LightAct, you should be able to receive the Texture using the Texture share node. This is what you are trying to achieve, correct?

Unfortunately, we do not support Texture sharing with UE 5.1 anymore, as we have optimized LightAct to support Texture sharing with newer versions of Unreal Engine such as UE 5.2 and UE 5.3. LightAct’s new plugins for UE 5.2 and UE 5.3 should be available sometime next week, which means you will be able to utilize Texture sharing, as well.

Once the new plugins are released, our Unreal Engine integration documentation should also be updated, meaning that you should be able to easily achieve your desired results by following the documentation.

If you would still like to keep using UE 5.1, we can provide you with an older version of LightAct, which supports UE 5.1 Texture sharing, however, this is not our recommended approach as older versions of LightAct are not being updated, meaning that you will not get access to LightAct’s newest features and upgrades.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best,
Sara

Thanks for replying on my issue,

Currently my project’s goal is projecting Unreal Engine’s game-view on a wall or corner by using your LightAct production and Unreal Engine’s nDisplay.
But I’ve not idea where I should to start, I’ve just checked LightAct’s features one by one.

My Workflow is just like this :

1. Setting up Screen and Projectors’ size and position.
  2. Make nDisplayConfigFile (.ndisplay) by utilizing LightAct.
    → Howerver when Unreal Engine imports nDisplayConfigFile, there are only two stuffs, which are screen and camera.
    I just wanted to copy LightAct’s setting into Unreal Engine’s nDisplayConfig… ( this is first problem :< )

=== Now, I don’t have any points what should I do ===
3. Make a canvas and drag several screens (?) in order to render.
4. Edit each screens with dragging and wrapping for adjusting custom shapes.
5. Launch the Unreal Engine’s nDisplayLauncher.

If thoes process are correct, then I’m going to try, but I think that would be wrong orders.
And Glad to know, LightAct will support on UE 5.2 and 5.3 that solves my problem whether I should work with UE 5.1 version :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
OgNiR0215

2024년 4월 17일 (수) 오후 5:14, Sara Aleksieska via LightAct Answerhub <answerhub@lightact.com>님이 작성:

Hi @OgNiR0215 ,

Have you managed to utilize LightAct’s plugin for Unreal in your Unreal project?

If so, were you able to successfully launch the project using LightAct’s config file by clicking on the Launch nDisplay button in LightAct?

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by copying LightAct’s settings into Unreal Engine’s nDisplay config. When you generate a config file in LightAct, you save the positional data of the Projector you have placed in LightAct’s Viewport.

When you launch this config file with the Unreal project by clicking Launch nDisplay, you are essentially telling Unreal to give you the Texture that the Projector would have seen, had it been placed in Unreal’s Viewport exactly where you’ve placed it in LightAct’s Viewport.

If you successfully launch Unreal’s project with LightAct’s config file, then the next step would be to receive this Texture by using the Texture share node in the Devices window of LightAct. If I understand correctly, once you receive Unreal’s texture, all you would like to do, is render it on a Video Screen in LightAct, right?

There are many different ways to achieve this, but I will describe one of them that I believe would suit your needs.

First, place a Video screen on LightAct’s Viewport. Next, you can place a Device texture layer in your Timeline, and in its Properties choose the Texture share device that is receiving Unreal’s texture.

DeviceTextureNode

The Device texture layer we provide also offers different texture adjustment options such as color modifications, resizing, warping, and so on.

Finally, if you create a Canvas and choose it in the properties of the Device texture layer, you should be able to see Unreal’s texture on the Canvas. If you then map the Canvas to the Video Screen on the Viewport, you should be able to see the texture on the Video screen, as well.

Did I answer all of your questions? If I missed something, please don’t hesitate to ask.

p.s. As previously mentioned, to utilize the Texture share workflow I described, please upgrade to LightAct 4.6.2, which will allow you to use UE 5.2 or UE 5.3.

You can find LightAct’s plugin for UE 5.2 here and for UE 5.3 here.

Best,
Sara